2019 Theme and Subjects
When: June 12-14, 2019 Where: Lisbon
Consolidating our Knowledge
In 2019 we would like to devote a part of the conference to consolidating what we know. As Bo Sondergard said when I suggested that to him “there is no single point in time, our knowledge is always on the move”. That’s true, but I think it would be a good time to try to pull together, perhaps in literature reviews, what we know about:
- Annoyance and other effects on people
- Predicting background noise level
- Amplitude Modulation
- Modelling Source Noise
And, of course, what we don’t know – so where the research energy should go next.
Otherwise, we still want general papers and here are a few areas where more work is required:
- Does background noise vary with seasons?
- How well does background noise mask turbine noise?
- Small turbines – they can be as much a problem as large.
- Cyclical Pitch Control. Can it help reduce AM or overall sound power?
- How do meteorological conditions affect propagation?
- More dose response tests on turbine audible noise to allow us to produce more robust regulations.
- More ways of reducing trailing edge noise.
And, of course any other subjects that are useful to further the knowledge of Wind Turbine Noise.
More Information: International Conferences on Noise 2019
One thought on “International Wind Turbine Noise Conference 2019”